Sleeveless tops are some of the flattering cloths you can find. However, this is only possible with right selection, which really depends on several factors including style, body shape and material used in making the top.
Tops are available in different styles including the following:
- Halter top – This is a style preserved for women. A top designed with this style features a halter neck that can be tied at the back. This style comes out perfectly well on women with long hair because the hair literally hides the tie at the back, creating the impression that there is nothing holding the top.
- Camisole – This is another style preserved for women. Worn as an undergarment in the past, camisoles are now very common as outerwear clothing. The style provides for thin straps that may extend to the waist. A sleeveless top of this style is best worm with strapless bra.
- Tube – This style provides for simple wrapping of the top around your body. It is designed to be tight around your breasts but is elastic enough. This is one of the most popular styles of sleeveless tops because of its hugging of the body.
A sleeveless top will only flatter your body if you choose with your body shape in mind:
- Hourglass body – Choose tops with a fitting waist so as to cover your large breast, narrow hips and wide bottom.
- Apple body – Choose tops with large prints and vertical lines to cover your thin legs and narrow bottom.
- Pear body – Choose tops with asymmetrical hemlines to cover your small upper part, curvaceous hips and bottom.
- Busty body – You obviously have a large bust with your legs being narrow. Choose tops with wide necklines.
Sleeveless tops can be made from different materials including cotton, polyester, spandex and linen. The type of material you choose will inform how you will clean and maintain your tops.